Save Yourself Money on Vaccines
We charge a different rate for vaccines depending how many horses we see at the yard:
|Number of horses seen on the yard:||Price for a Flu or Flu/Tet Vaccination||Price for a Tetanus Vaccine|
|10 or more||£30||£25|
Terms & Conditions
- All vaccinations must be done at the same visit, on the same yard
- This scheme includes horses seen for other reasons. For example, if we vaccinate 2 horses and see a third for a sore foot, this counts as 3 horses seen
- Visits can be organized for any weekday, preferably letting us know some time the week before you need us
Note: At Intake Vets, we use Proteq Flu as our equine flu vaccine. This is the only flu vaccine specifically updated to include the latest strain of the equine flu vaccine. It does cost us a few pounds more but it is the only vaccine recommended to combat the latest strains of flu. Some of the larger corporate practices are using older vaccines which cost them a few pounds less – we think this is a false economy.
Save Yourself Money on Dental Work
We always like to combine dentals with vaccinations. Very few horses need dental work more than once a year, so it means they get an annual ‘MOT’ from the vet.
For example: your horse is due his/her vaccination and dental. At full price, this would be £75 for the vaccination plus £73 for the dental = £148. However, you qualify for the reduced vaccine charge so it would actually be £128. You recommend us to a friend and we do their horse’s teeth at the same time saving you another £10, ie: £118
Currently dentals are £73 including sedation. Don’t forget, we do dentistry to the highest standards. We will always fully check the mouth with a mirror, making sure there are no hidden causes of dental pain and discomfort. We make absolutely sure that the teeth are fully ‘floated’ and comfortable for the horse, especially right at the back of the mouth where many dentists struggle to do a decent job.
Terms & Conditions
- All dentals must be done at the same visit
- ‘Recommended’ horses can be any horse that we have not done a dental on for at least 2 years